Make up to me is about enhancing what you have rather than changing the way you look completely. I agree that natural beauty is everything but makeup is fun to play with, experiment with. I had not started wearing it until last year. All I used to wear was Kohl and a lip balm. That’s it!! No wonder I used to take just few minutes to get ready back then… hahaha!! The obsession started with lipsticks, then compacts, and next thing you know I was trying different foundations at the store. It all started with getting dolled up for a friend’s wedding.
Maybelline New-York was my first choice and it still is. One, cz’ it is pocket friendly. Two, it’s products do justice and do not harm your skin.
I am not a make up pro but i would like to share what I know with beginners like me. So let’s get started.
–Always moisturize before you apply any make up. This will act as protecting layer between your make up and your skin.
–Blending is the key to any make up. And for beginners I suggest you use a beauty blender (a blending sponge) than a brush cz’ this definitely made my life easy. It is convenient to use. All you have to do is to wet the sponge, apply some foundation/concealer on it and press it on your face covering all the areas.
Maybelline New York beauty Products I use (Click on the product image to buy.) :
1. FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION – A flawless foundation is the key to any make up look. Fit Me foundation is the most uncomplicated liquid base you can use. This is a perfect choice if you are a beginner. PROs use the same too. 🙂 This product suits all skin types, does not clog your pores and is oil-free, therefore giving you a poreless naturally matte-looking finish. It has awesome coverage and is easy to apply. Just be a little careful while dropping the liquid on the sponge as it has no pump dispenser and so it sometimes leads to wastage of the product. I use the shade 128 WARM NUDE.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer – This concealer is an affordable everyday concealer for work or casual. It offers enough coverage to cover dark circles which is the primary problem for all of us. :-D. Minimizes the appearance of blemishes. Set it with a powder for a lasting effect. All you have to do is take the stick and draw a dotted inverted triangle below your eyes, near your nose, the T-zone and on your blemishes. Just dab it with a wet beauty blender. I use the shade 20 SAND SABLE.
3. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Powder – This is an awesome powder to set your make up. Take a very small amount of it and just dab it on your face, especially under the eyes. It looks so soft & beautiful. I use the shade 220 NATURAL BEIGE.
4. TattooStudio Waterproof Eyebrow Gel – This product is WOW!! It can keep your brows looking perfectly shaped and full for up to 48 hours.The tinted gel comes in four shades and can be applied with a spoolie for a natural yet defined look. Just swipe the gel on and clean it up with a spoolie. Make sure not to apply much and just fill in the spaces. This will enhance your brow look. I am so impressed at how well this fills my brows with a single swipe. Oh and most importantly, they are smudge free. The shade I use is 255 SOFT BROWN.
5. Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette – I use very natural and soft colors on my lids. TBH, I am still learning to apply eye shadows and so I am not ready to experiment with the bold colors yet. To attain a very natural look, I use this nude palette. It has all the light pastel shades and few brown ones. If you are not comfy using an eye shadow brush or don’t have one, use your ring finger, dab some color on the lids and blend it. Ring finger is recommended as it has the least pressure and applying more pressure on those soft lids is not advisable as it may give room to more wrinkles. Apply the lightest color on the lid. Then take the next dark shade and apply on the corner of the lid. Use an eye shadow brush to swipe this dark shade on the crease of your eyelid.
6. Maybelline Volum’ Express The Mega Plush – This is a pretty decent formula. It is kinda fluffy and really separates the lashes. You may wanna clear the brush once you open it and then start applying it to avoid the clumpy look. This does a good job of a mascara. I love its wand. A single coat defines, lengthens and adds volume. It does not flake. Stays put. Definitely makes your eyes stand out.
7. Maybelline The Colossal Liner – This is the ‘QUEEN’ of all eye liners. My first and the most favorite eye liner ever. It is like drawing with a sketch pen over your lid. The precision of its tip applicator is too good and smooth. This colossal eye liner imparts smudge proof, fade- proof, intense color to your eyes. Its quick dry formula ensures a 12 hour staying power. My make up artist for my wedding, borrowed my liner and applied it for me as she was so impressed by its smooth application and intense black color. 🙂
8. Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blushes – This collection of blush has beautiful girly colors, out of which I own two : Creamy Cinnamon which is little brownish and Peachy Sweetie which is coral in color. They have a very smooth and soft texture. Highly pigmented and don’t look flaky at all. They work well for both dry and oily skin. If you do not have anything to contour your face with, no worries, Nabila to the rescue. hehe…
A quick tip, apply the brownish blush using your eyeshadow brush or your index finger- 1. From your brow bone all the way to the end of your nose. 2. The area below your cheekbones starting from your ears and ending in the middle of your cheeks and blend it.
The peachy shade of blush should be brushed on your cheek bone for a cute look.
9. MASTER Chrome Metallic Highlighter – I received this as a gift and I must say I am glad for that, else I would have never got a highlighter for myself. I never realized what a highlighter could do to your face until I used this gold product. I call this ‘The Midas Touch’. A stroke over your cheek bone gives the whole make up a chrome finish. If you do not have a highlighter brush, use your eye shadow brush (that’s what I do… ssshhh!!) A single stroke over your cheek bones, your nose bridge and your brow bone (if you like) and tadaaaa. You’ll feel so shiny and fine with this metallic look. I use 050 Molten Rose Gold.
Quick tip – No highlighter? No problem. Take a very little Vaseline petroleum jelly and dab it on the areas you’d like to highlight. You can still achieve that glow.
10. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm – This is where all the craziness over lipsticks started. I can never go without using a chapstick/lipbalm. Most of the ones that I used were either to greasy or jelly like. This one was the perfect blend. I was and am still obsessed with its pigmentation and color. I have almost all possible colors and flavors in this one. (Please do not judge me. hehe) My all time favorite is ‘PINK LOLITA’ and ‘CANDY WOW PEACH’
If you are a sucker for lip balms like me, then this is THE product for you.
11. Maybelline Dream BB Fresh – On days when I don’t feel like wearing too much make up and wanna feel light, this is my go-to product. A BB cream, also known as beauty balm, is lighter than a foundation and has added benefits of SPF and provides decent coverage. This product in particular has a very nice dewy finish. It is silicone free. A perfect summer skin product. It does make your face look radiant. I use this more, cz’ I’m too lazy to apply foundation,concealer etc. unless I am going out for an occasion. So this is a very handy product for a person like me. 😀 . Apply this BB cream (using your fingers or beauty blender), swipe a mascara, dab some blush, and slide on that colored lip balm and you are good to go. These are the only steps I do when in hurry.
The End result:
Shop My outfit by clicking the link below:
My dear make up artists and pros who are reading this blog post, sorry if I have made any sort of make up error. Still in the learners stage.
I hope you enjoyed my Maybelline New-York make up look. I would love to know your thoughts on this, cz’ I love and enjoy reading your comments.
If you liked what you saw and read, you can follow me on Instagram @theyellowpops