If there’s one item that gets the most use throughout the summer, it is undoubtedly a pair of denim shorts. They are — a wardrobe basic and a summer staple. Most often thrown on with a casual tee and sandals for an easy and effortless look. Finding that perfect pair of shorts is quite challenging. It should be comfortable and suit your style and body type.
Well, my search for a perfect pair of shorts ended when I bought these from H&M. I will tell you why they are THE SHORTS.
- 100% cotton construction
- Stiff, so stays in place
- Does not stick to your body
- Costs just 10 US$ (Are you screaming Yaaaayyy??)
Do NOT let its price judge its quality. This is guaranteed to suit every taste.
Sharing with you few looks I have come up with to keep your summer attire looking fresh and stylish with these shorts.
(Note: You may find similar, cuter and in-trend items in the link to shop as mine are mostly from last years buy and some are older than that too.)
1.An easy breezy look when paired with a printed spaghetti top and an embellished footwear. A light yet stylish outfit for a brunch with the girls or an evening out with your man.
2. Denim shorts can be dressed up and down. This flatlay is all about the neutrals. Keeping the color subtle and still looking chic is the key to stay stylish. I have teamed these shorts with a ruffle sleeve and bow back detailed blouse for a feminine touch. Walking around with this cross-body bag and dust rose mules is a head turner, for sure.
3. Can anything ever go wrong with denims-plaid shirts-sneakers combo? This is my go – to outfit this summer. Just throw on any plaid shirt you’ve got and tie those sneaker laces on. Wear a thick framed glass for that nerdy look if you wish. And you are ready for a day out to go shopping or walking around the streets in your city.
4. All the blue!! Pairing blue denim bottoms with a blue top/tee/shirt is a good choice too. Not many do this, but I personally enjoy this combination. Blue can vary a lot in terms of shades and tones. You can show off two different shades of the same color in this outfit. You can also wear a chambray top or a shirt with these shorts. Here, I threw on my favorite royal blue tee which is of a slightly loose fit, apt for that summer heat. Teamed it up with a pair of slip on shoes and an aviator, cz’ they are easy and quick.
5. The classic combo. A white tee with denim shorts can never ever go wrong. The smartest and the most chic styling element is a white t-shirt. This is a wardrobe staple. Team it up with sneakers and a denim jacket for an everyday look or wear this with wedges and a layered necklace for a teeny bit of bling. I am not a heels person, so I would prefer the sneakers option. You can also wear these shorts with a fairly formal white shirt.
6. This is my all time favorite combo. A solid black tee with denim shorts is a “mass pairing”, well, that’s how I call it, mass meaning STRONG. A solid black tee is must-have in a woman’s closet. To dress it up, wear a scarf around your neck and add a pop of red on your lips. You can wear this with heels or sneakers, either way it will look classy.
You can also use the same styling ideas on a pretty pair of blue denims. I hope you enjoyed these summer styles.
If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading. Let me know which style you enjoyed the most. 🙂
Until next time,