Women and shoes; it is a love story. We feel the need of collecting these fancy and pretty objects. Those rhinestones and embellished ones, those glossy and classy ones, all those colorful ones, giving you that jolt of joy and a feeling of satisfaction when you look at them, feeling as confident as Carrie Bradshaw, when you try them on. But can we agree that they are not all functional or comfortable that they just lay there collecting dust while we take our favorite ones out for a ride. To get rid of that dust pile and to save some closet space, I figured out that a women needs only these 5 pairs on hand, to rule over any situation.
The beautiful Marilyn Monroe once said – “Give a woman the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”
Your right shoes are these:
- Ballet Flats: They are a woman’s best friend. A wardrobe stable, a no-fuss solution to feeling smart and polished. They are equally feminine and casual. You can wear them with jeans, shorts, pleated skirt, dresses all the while looking put together and chic. Go for something neutral like beige,black or grey or a subtle leopard printed ones. Choose a pair that will go with almost everything and can be dressed up or down. Choose a simple almond toe flat rather than going for a super pointed toe since it will feel more comfortable and last longer. Linking few of my favorites that are affordable, fashionable and convenient.
2. Sneakers: To me, these are life. Sneakers have become trendy in the last few years. People have started pairing them up with everything. These are so convenient and the most comfortable footwear you could ever wish for, especially when you have a long day of a walking planned. They are great week day and week end shoes. Another essential in a women’s closet.
My all time favorite is Adidas Cloud foam Advantage Sneakers, and you know that by now. I literally live in them. During my travel or short trips, irrespective of any outfit or accessories I choose to wear, I make sure I wear these shoes cz’ I cannot afford getting blisters or shoe bites during a trip. I have the one in black and white, but they come in so many other different and fun colors now. Grab this if you do not have one. Trust me, you will not regret it. It is worth way more than the price.
I wear my Adidas sneakers with anything and everything.
Other fun/neutral sneakers that I like are –
3. Pumps – You cannot not have a classic pump in your closet. These are perfect for work or parties. A simple black or nude pump is a mandatory cz’ they go with literally everything. If you are not a heels person like me, then opt for classic pumps with kitten heels or wedges. Also, a pointed toe pump is the most trendy and classic shape. My favorites are –
4. Boots : These are essential during fall and winter. Ankle boots are my favorite. They are handy and smart. They come in plain textures as well as slightly accessorized. Over the knee boots have also become quite popular over the years and are great for winters. As far as ankle boots go, they come in every possible variety and design. Flat ones are great for daily wear and the ones with a slight heel will be great with dresses and jeans for a leisure evening. Linking few of my favorites based on their comfort and basic style.
5. Sandals : It is summer and we all want some toe-breathing footwear for this hot and humid climate. You can have a pair of flip flops, but you also need a pretty and comfortable pair of sandals. Get one, a neutral one preferably, that can go with almost everything in your wardrobe. Get a classy and sturdy one so that it lasts longer. And wear it all summer long. Few of my basic favorites are linked below. (Flats only!!)
Hope you enjoyed the collection I shared above. You don’t necessarily have to buy from this collection cz’ your style could be different. But always invest in footwear that would go with everything and not just a single outfit. Remember, “Quality over Quantity.”
If you have made it this far, Thank you. 🙂
Until Next time,
The Yellow Pops.